Say Ahhhh with Aloe
Aloe barbadensis is a type of succulent plant, commonly referred to as “aloe vera”, that is popular for the juice it stores in its leaves. Aloe leaf juice is commonly used in many medicinal products, cosmetics, and dietary supplements. Scientific studies suggest that aloe vera enhances wound healing and has anti-inflammatory properties. For example, many sunburn relief gels include aloe for its ability to soothe inflamed skin. It has also been found to improve the healing of burns and be a skin moisturizer. Reports have also suggested that is is effective against certain skin diseases and infection.
The aloe is common household plant, and can be toxic if ingested by
animals. As shown in the picture, the leaf contains a gel like substance on the inner portion (non-toxic) and a sap like substance around the edge called latex (toxic). When ingested, the latex can cause stomach upset such as vomiting and diarrhea. The inner gel, which is non-toxic, is the substance that is extracted as a juice for use in common products.
The aloe barbadensis juice found in the Pinnaclife products has undergone a strict process to ensure separation from the latex. It will provide soothing and comfort to your pet’s skin without the risk of them getting sick.
For more information on the Pinnaclife Animal Health products feel free to visit: www.pinnaclifeanimalhealth.com