The Pinnaclife Equine Wound Shield creates a water resistant, non-occlusive barrier for skin by using an advanced dimethicone silicone. This barrier acts to protect the skin but it still allows the skin to breathe.
Wound Shield also helps relieve inflammation and itching as well as control and prevent infection. Wound Shield promotes healing by its ability to penetrate the upper layers of the skin and work from the inside out. It also promotes healing through the signature ingredient Olivamine 10, which protects against free radicals that lead to inflammation and disease, allowing healing to occur up to 50% faster.
The Equine Wound Shield has many options for topical treatment.
It is ideal for all equines with: chronic or acute wounds, non-healing wounds, lacerations, abrasions, skin infections, burns, incision sites, rain rot, ringworm, scratches or”grease heal”, and bacterial infections.
- Active ingredient 1.0% Hydrocortisone to reduce inflammation and relieve itching
- Olivamine 10, a synergistic blend of small molecules that facilitate optimal healing
- Chlorhexidine digluconate as an antimicrobial
- Dimethicone, an advanced silicone that provides a non-occlusive barrier
- Witch hazel to reduce inflammation and itching
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice to soothe irritated skin
- pure French lavender essential oil for a calming clean scent and natural antiseptic
For a full list of ingredients and to learn more about Wound Shield or the other Pinnaclife Equine products, please visit our website: www.pinnaclifeanimalhealth.com
To see the Wound Shield in action, take a look at our article Healing for Horses